Saturday, January 19, 2008

7 Miles.

I would walk 500 hundred miles, and I would walk 500 more.....see.....if only I still had the song of the day!! This would be a perfect one!

The first week of training went awesome! I worked out every day this whole week and kept right on our training schedule, and them some. Today was our "long" walk day, so I was at the gym at 6:55 (already with 1 medium iced coffee in me!), to start my 7 miles. Yes. 7 miles. It was awesome.

It took me 1 hour and 48 minutes to complete and really the only thing that is really bothering me is my hips. No shock there...my hips are feeling old after all of that pitching I did when I was younger and on top of having two BIG kids. Tomorrow is our team training session and I am really excited about it.

I met with our trainer, Frank, this week and we did the whole heath assessment stuff which went great. One of the things that they do is test your RMR which is your Resting Metabolic Rate. Basically this is how many calories your body uses to basically sit around and do nothing all day long. If you want to lose weight and you are exercising you want to eat just at or under this number plus your calories that you burn exercising...because no one sits around everyday all day long. You do burn calories in your day to day activities. If you eat too little calories, you eat away muscle instead of fat. Well...this was my problem. I was eating around 1300 calories a day and my RMR was 2290. I was eating in the unsafe zone, and that is all great because I was losing weight, but it doesn't help my long term prognosis...especially if I want to avoid injuries. So somehow I need to find a way to increase my calorie intake with healthy foods, but seriously, how many grapefruits, apples, green beans, and bananas can you eat?? Frank really thinks this is why I had such a hard time keeping the weight off last time I lost it - my body was just totally messed up. So I will work on it. I keep thinking that if I keep working out like I am, and eating good like I have been, it HAS to come off. Time will tell.

Anyway, all is good! I walked 17 miles this week and am on a roll!

No comments: