
Yeah I know...old picture, but isn't it better than no picture at all?
Sorry about not blogging all weekend. For those of you that live within 10 miles of Thomas Creek Ice Arena, I am sorry if my loud mouth annoyed you all weekend. :)
CJ played in a tournament all weekend and what a blast we had watching them! He had a game on Friday night and he scored 2 goals. I wish I had my camera with my when he skated over to the glass at the end of the game with a smile from ear to ear on his face as he told me "Mom, I scored TWO goals!" The best feeling in the world, and one of the best part of being a mom to two athletic boys. As an athlete myself, there is nothing better then watching your kids see all of the awesome things that being a part of a sport provides. I just love it....I love being their Mom....
Even when they don't win. :( There are lessons to be learned there as well. They won on Friday night, won on Saturday morning, lost on Saturday night, and then won again on Sunday.. Didn't I say I was at the arena all weekend? They ended up seeded 2nd going into the semi-finals and had to play the team they beat on Sunday in a really close game again.
They lost.
In a shootout.
I always LOVED watching the shootouts in the NHL games. So exciting, so dramatic, such an awesome and exciting way to win....but the worst way to lose. Especially when it is your child's team and he was the first shooter in the shootout.
He tried so hard. He did. He didn't make his goal. 3 others on his team didn't either. Webster had two shooters score.
In 3 short days I saw CJ's face light up as he scored 2 goals and I wiped elephant size tears off his face when they lost too. I tried my hardest not to cry right along with him. I lost too.
I am sure I will do this so many times in the next 20 some years. I am so proud, I am glad I could be there for both the good and bad.
Being involved in sports even at 6 teaches life's lessons so well.
We can't win everything in life. Win or lose, your parents will always be there to share that excitement and to wipe away those tears. Sometimes the best team doesn't win. You can play your heart out, give 120%, and still not end up on the top.
I think this quote says it well -
""History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats." B.C. Forbes
Just get the next one CJ! Mommy is SO proud of you!

No comments:
Post a Comment