Sunday, March 30, 2008

.one weekend...26.2 miles.

What a weekend! I walked....and walked....and walked....and walked....

Saturday, my awesome cousin Traci who is on Christy's Crew was in town from Richmond and so her and I decided to plan the scheduled 17 mile walk as part of our training program on Saturday.

We left Victor at 7:00 am and really didn't tell many where were were going because honestly, if they knew we were walking from Victor to LIMA no one would ever show up. :)

But we did it! 8 of us walked from Victor to Neenan Farms (Traci's Mom and Dad's house). We were greeted there by her mother, Aunt Sharon, who is a member of Christy's Crew as well, her dad, my parents, and Traci's brother, and all of the kids.

My father made some AWESOME chicken noodle soup, we had sandwiches, Aunt Sharon made some awesome fruit salad, and really, everyone was just so glad to sit down!

We left at 7:20 and got to Lima around 1:20. 33,000 + steps and 18.2 miles!!

Thank you to Aunt Sharon for calling the coffee shop and paying for our coffee along the way - it was yummy!

I would never, ever, ever have guessed that I could ever say I walked from Victor to Lima! LOL!

This morning we had another 8 miles to walk and I swear, it was the LONGEST 8 miles ever. My screws in my knee have really been bothering me, and today they were just horrible. But I made it. Tomorrow I will be calling the Dr. more on a prevention appointment to make sure I can get through the rest of training and the walk.

Oh yeah....on a totally different note, today was a BIG day for Chris and I. We each drafted our baseball and softball teams! Chris is going to be the "Rays" (Devil Rays), and my team that I am coaching with Shannon is going to be the "Cardinals". Shannon and I were able to get everyone we wanted, but Chris didn't have the same luck. I can't wait to tell you more about our experiences....it could be interesting!

No comments: