Wednesday, April 23, 2008

.all ready.


.all ready., originally uploaded by {kristin W.}.

I got my cortisone shot this morning and I am now officially ready (other then packing) for the walk NEXT weekend!

How is it only 10 days away?

Anyway, can I tell you how excited I am about the walk? I have been looking forward to this weekend forever. All of the hard work, training, fundraising, everything...all comes together. I know it will be a weekend that I will never forget, and I know I will leave Washington DC a different person that I will be when I walk in next Friday.

Christy's Crew is an amazing group of women (and men!), and honestly...I can't imagine my life without this awesome group of women in it. Bev, one of our walkers said it best last weekend at our planning meeting. She said based on the statistics (1 in 8 women will get diagnosed with breast cancer in their lives), 2-3 of the members of Christy's Crew will one day have to fight the same battle Christy just did. With Christy's Crew, we already have our support group. We totally do.

Anyway...before I get all emotional...I just want to say THANK YOU to every single one of my friends and family that made this possible. We will arrive in DC 25 members strong and with $39,000.00 in our hands...amazing. What an amazing ride it has been!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so what did the mri or scan have to show? Everything good?

p.s. must say your leg looks like its in great shape... nice