
A few months ago I submitted a few pictures for a contest that the Democrat and Chronicle was having with local Rochester pictures in it. I submitted the pictures and then got busy with photography season and never really thought much about them. A few weeks ago I got an e-mail saying one or more of my pictures was in the book. I thought, yeah right. They just want you to buy the book.
So yesterday I was at Wegmans and they were selling copies of the book there!! So I picked on up and when in to an aisle and flipped a few pages…and BANG!! There was a picture of the boys!! One FULL PAGE!! NO WAY!! Of course I had the buy the book. :)
I get home and Chris is looking through the book and he was like “Did you look through the book?” I told him I just stopped at the picture of the boys. Well, there was another picture of mine! This one was of our friends daughter Molly catching snow.
I am so excited about this.
1,166 different photographers submitted pictures.
25,776 photos were submitted.
1,501,279 votes were cast for the pictures that were selected to be in the book.
249 pictures made it into the book (I counted them) which is .96% of what was submitted.
2 are mine. :) Do you even believe it??? I don’t.
Wow. Just wow. Thank you! :)
PS…the boys think they are famous now and are already fighting over our copy for show and tell on Friday. lol!
Oh....and I did our family pictures this weekend as well. Check out my photography blog -
http://kristinwilliamsphotography.com/blog/
To get my sneak peak!

1 comment:
Mike's friend Omar got 2 pictures in the book as well!!! And the ones that got in weren't even my personal favorites....
Post a Comment