Saturday, January 3, 2009

after a little scare...the tooth fairy DID come!

tooth fairy visits

I woke up this morning at my usual 6:30 am and noticed that Connor was already up. I figured he must have been excited about the tooth fairy, so was up early! I went down stairs to see him sitting in the chair all sad. I asked him if the tooth fairy came and he responded in a "I am going to cry" voice, "She didn't leave me anything."

"What?" I said...thinking oh my gosh....Chris forgot to do the exchange!!

"The tooth fairy didn't leave me anything."

I was so sad....to think that he had been sitting down here all of that time thinking the tooth fairy didn't leave him anything just makes me so sad.

So I went up to look, and the money (Yes, $20,00, more below on this) was in his new tooth pillow that Chris and I got him when we were in Puerto Rico last year. The baseball cards had fallen behind his bed.

How sad.

He was excited when I came down with it, so it was cool to see his face then, but.....

Anyway, yes, my kids get $20.00 for their first tooth and then it goes all down hill. The story started when CJ was in Kindergarten and he lost his first tooth. My good friend Shannon introduced me to her long time friend (and our Dentist) Dr. Tobin, right around that time. The story starts when Taylor (Shannon's oldest daughter) lost her first tooth and Dr. Tobin told her that the tooth fairy leaves $20.00 for the first tooth. So, when CJ lost his first tooth, Taylor and CJ were in Kindergarten, and Taylor told CJ this. So CJ got $20.00. I had to. lol! So I has hoping CJ would forget it, but when Connor's tooth was loose, CJ told Connor right away that he would get $20.00 and baseball cards for his first tooth just like he did. :) Thank God it is only the first tooth...and that I love Dr. MaryJo Tobin dearly! She really is the best dentist out there. :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Logan lost his first tooth too! I still can't believe our babies are getting so big.