Monday, December 22, 2008

here, here!!

Well, yes I am here! I know many of you have been checking my photography blog this holiday season because I have been posting my personal stuff there, but I still want to blog here too, because honestly...I have a lot on my mind that shouldn't be posted there or my clients will begin to think I am a bad Mom or just crazy. :) lol!

L A U G H

Anyway....it was a hard day yesterday. For those who don't know, Al passed away last week after a two year battle with non smokers lung cancer. You can read more about him by clicking on his name above, but really, when I walked into the funeral home yesterday to drop off a slide show I made for his family, I lost it. A table sat in the front of the room with his ashes on it and this picture right above. I had taken this picture right after he was diagnosed in March of 2007. It is hard to put into words the emotions I felt at that moment, but our world lost a treasure last week...Al was an amazing man...an amazing father...an amazing husband...he is the reason I am still a photographer today...his life touched me more than I can ever express here in words. All I can say is that cancer has already taken FAR too many, we all have to stop watching it take loved one after loved one and do something about it. Find a cause that means something to you and donate your time, talents and money. Don't wait...we don't have time to wait.

Okay....we need a smile after that....

letter to Santa....

Seriously….this is some of the funniest stuff ever. Ever. I really need to blog about our elf that arrived at our house last week (I will do that later) because this would make SO much more sense if I did that first, but oh well. Anyway, our CJ wrote this note up from “Your Friends, CJ and Connor” for Santa and sealed it nice and tight in a envelope. The Elf delivered it to Santa at the north pole on his nightly run. Let’s just say Chris and I intercepted it and I was laying in my bed reading it 2 nights ago and could NOT stop laughing.

Here is what it says for those who can’t read second grade boys writing and spelling. :)

“Dear Santa,

Can you please put candy cole in my Dads stocking. I am trying to surprise my Dad to think he has cole because he has been a little crabby!

PS. Please bring me and Connor a DS and have a Merry Christmas!

Your Friends,

CJ and Connor”

I have been trying to tell Chris he has been crabby! lol! :) The next morning when CJ told Chris that the Elf brought his letter to Santa, Chris asked him what the letter was about and he said, “Auhh, nothing.”

Funny stuff. I so needed it.....

Anyway...should be a crazy couple of days here! My in-laws arrive for Christmas tomorrow...oh my....so much to do. I need to clean off their bed that is filled with junk! Clean? I am having Christmas here with both sets of parents so it should be a good day...I have to cook though...so much to do for that too! Thank God my mother in law is coming...she is the BEST cook.

Anyway...more posts coming here in the future....Have a Very Merry Christmas!!

No comments: