
I was in Starbucks this morning after mailing a package and on the shelf was this book. With my recent interview and my photography business growing like crazy I have been thinking a lot about this exact question. What DO I want to be in 5 years? I will be 39 years old. What will I be doing? Where will I be living? What events will happen in the next 5 years that will shape my journey in a way that I never expected it. I picked up this book and read the cover and knew I had to buy it. $9.95 of life changing thought processes are in this book and I know this is exactly what I need to get myself rolling.
The cover says, "The greatest day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. The gift of life is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you get to determine the quality of it. Live the next five years on purpose. Now is the time. Imagine the possibilities. Go places, have adventures, make a real difference, do what you love. Follow your dreams, they know the way."
The book is filled of stuff like this, but really it all hit me. Over the last 2 years we have been hit with people promising "change". The truth of the matter is that change does not come from a president or from a congressman, change comes from within each and every one of us. EACH one of us controls the next 5 years. We ALL have choices. We can sit back and let others try to do the change for us or we can BE the change. Don't wait for someone else to change the world around you because honestly, it might just not happen.
I plan on using this book as a tool to my dreams for my life over the next five years. I invite you to do the same. I am sure I will share some of my thoughts here too....but for now...don't wait for others to provide the change...be the change. Do something you have never done before.
5 years is 260 weeks, 1,825 days and 2,333,000 minutes.
And..."Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Louis Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Tomas Jefferson and Albert Einstein." ~ H. Jackson Brown Jr.

1 comment:
i used to look at books like this and be able to easily dream about what i'd be doing in five year. once you have a cancer diagnosis and go through treatment, those easy dreams are over. it's more of a wish and a hope. so interesting how perspectives change so radically when cancer actually strikes you, not just the ones you know and love.
Post a Comment