Tuesday, November 4, 2008
.new room.
I am so excited about my new room that I just had to share it with all of you. For my birthday Chris gave me paint and painted my family room/kitchen/dinette area. It sounds like a crazy gift, but that is what I asked for and during photography season I have little time for anything. I knew we would be spending a ton of time in this room over the winter and I wanted it to be "warm" and cozy.
This rooms vision started with the 3 little fabric squares in the middle picture at the top. Those were the colors that I wanted; I just didn't know how to get them on the walls the right way because my family room, kitchen and eating area are really ONE big room. So I called my good friend Julie Rucker from Daisy Bug Interiors. Within minutes she knew what colors to paint where, had swatches ordered, and I just rolled with Julie's plan because really...she is just an AMAZING interior designer.
Chris finished painting a couple of weeks ago and it was time to put together all of the other pieces. I am still missing some things (I am doing a huge black and white gallery on the red wall behind the TV.), but it is finally starting to come together!
I am SO happy with it. Chris and I just sit in it and love it. Thank you Julie for the AWESOME job you did picking out the colors and for helping pull everything together. Thank you to my friend Lisa for the cool idea with the round "things" in the windows (she MADE hers, I went the easy route, JCPenney's!).
It is so funny how making changes to a room like this can make such a difference in how you live. I never thought I would ever have anything "real" when the boys were little, and now that they are getting older I finally feel like I finally old and feel like I have my first ever "real" room in my house. Our new room is complete with candles (we don't light them yet, but they look nice!), pictures on tables within 3 feet from the ground (who would have thought?), and nick knacks on the table!
On a funny note, I have a running joke about our "Ryan Home" and how it is such a piece of junk. So I am hanging the curtains and put up the lasor level and the window on the right is about 1 1/2 INCHES lower then the window on the left. Nice. That is what you get when they put together your house like a puzzle in 83 days.
Anyway, thank you Julie. You have made my winter so much warmer already! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment