Thursday, May 22, 2008

.CJ didn't get in.

Well, we didn't get the letter home yesterday like the other kids got who were picked to play an instrument in the Suzuki string program at school next year.

We didn't get the e-mail either today.

Why am I so devastated?

Because for 2 weeks he got all upset every night worrying about the teacher not getting his "application" form that I turned in the day after it came home. So, after 2 weeks I went in to see the string teacher last week to confirm she got it and she said she did and that she was 99.9% sure he got in.

Everyone thinks I joke when I say I have the worst luck. I don't care what the percentage is, it never applies to me.

I got the .1%.

CJ didn't get in.

There will be more disappointments in life. He will get cut from teams. He won't make all of the travel teams. All of these are good lessons.

I just have a feeling that this one is going to devastate him. I can't tell you how excited he has been since talking with the string teacher last week about playing. Each day this week he has come home sad because she told him the letter would come this week and he had not received it yet.

He won't be getting a letter.

I am sure I will have to tell him tomorrow and maybe his party this weekend will help him forget about it. :)

The psycho mother in me did just e-mail the teacher and let her know that if anyone drops out of the program, CJ would still love to participate. Maybe, just maybe someone will drop out, but I won't count on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is he going into 2nd or 3rd. I think it is an exception to get in in 2nd grade. They only accept 2nd grader if they have any spots left over. If he is going into 2nd grade then he has a great chance of getting in next year! KHsxjzsmd