I wonder if George Bush would be happy to know that I spent some of my stimulus checking supporting the local vet?
Gehrig was slatted for his yearly check up and when we went last year they "warned" us this would be an expensive year because he was due for almost every shot.
If you remember correctly from last year, Gehrig was put on a strict diet because just like the rest of the Williams Family he was "overweight". Well...we cut WAY down on his food and I swear the poor dog was starving all of the time.
So I was so excited to go today and show them how much weight he lost. We did so well with him! Well...his results were much like mine...he didn't lose crap. :)
Really....not a pound.
We went from always having food in his bowl all of the time whenever he wanted it to 1 1/2 cups of food a day. When I feed him in the morning his food is gone in like 3 minutes.
So, the vet comes in and recommends a blood test to see what is going on inside his body.
He is my baby....but....he is a dog.
Gas prices are $4.00 a gallon, food prices are nuts, and the vet wanted me to spend $240.00 to have his thyroid checked. LOL!
Right.
Let's just say I passed on those tests for now. The visit and shots were $230.00 as it was. Can you imagine if I had said yes? $470.00!!
No thanks...
So, they told me to give him his veggies. :) Cut him back to 1 cup of dried food a day (given 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the evening) and then 1/2 can of green beans! This just cracks me up, but they said that green beans are full of fiber and water and will help fill him up! He is going to eat more veggies then his Daddy does that is for sure.
So Connor and I went to BJ's after his appointment and I picked up 2 cases of green beans at $6.49 for 12 cans (which should last him almost a month) and I got home and have him 1/2 a can and he scarfed them down! :)
Too funny...lets just hope they don't make him fart. :)
The things we do for our dogs.
Anyway....thanks for all of the comments and pick me up notes on my weight...they mean the world to me! I am going to do this!! 40 more lbs to go! :)
Thursday, May 15, 2008
.tyroid check.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
My Mother in laws cat started to pee and poop in the sink when they got home from their winter in Florida and she took him to the Vets and they said the cat was depressed from them being gone and was acting out. The cat is now on prozac! Kathy Haugh
Post a Comment