Sunday, July 13, 2008

Baseball Camp

.coach kevin.

There is no crying in baseball!! Why is it that I say these exact words all of the time to the boys but yet somehow on Friday like a lunatic mother I found myself crying as BOTH (yes, BOTH!!) boys won awards last week and the HF-L Baseball camp that my cousin Kevin (Coach Neenan) invites them to every year.

.best hitter.

This is going to sound horrible...but I sort of thought CJ would win an award. Not that I think he is the best thing since sliced bread, but he won best hitter last year for his age group and after watching him hit a few days last week, I thought he would probably win it this year as well. That kid can HIT when he is not over stressed.

Anyway...he did. He won best hitter for the 7-8 year old group. I cried again this year. I am so proud of the boys. They go off to a camp that they know no one at and make friends and still do well.

.hardest worker.

What came next I didn't expect. They have a set of coaches awards that they hand out to each age group and on the last award, "Hardest Worker", Coach Kevin called Connor's name. I cried. Connor is 5. These kids were 7-8. Kevin took the chance letting Connor come to camp being so young, but he loved it more then anything else he has ever done. He worked harder then anyone could have asked of a 5 year old. He had moments, but he fought right to the end everyday of the 3 hour camp like a champ!

.awards.

.connor.

.cj.

A special thank you to Coach Kevin, my awesome cousin, for allowing the boys to come last week....they had the BEST time!!!

No comments: