Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I am leaving on a jet plane....

Not really a jet plane...a Honda...but who cares.

I am in MUCH need of some time away. I had my first disappointed customer today and I am so bummed. So bummed. I was happy with the shoot, but that doesn't matter - knowing I didn't meet the clients expectations just eats at me. Ugghhhh. I feel like such a failure.

I just went and read the quote in the front of Vivian Stringers book though. It is a Maya Angelou quote that says...

"You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it."

Anyway...what a perfect time to get away and take a little break from my business and crazy summer here. :)

We are heading to Fishkill tomorrow night for Chris' fathers 70th birthday party! We are also going to surprise the boys with one of the biggest surprises of their life time! We are not telling them anything, so I will be sure to get lots of pictures of their faces when we unveil the big surprise!

No comments: