CJ started in level 3 and passed that the first 2 week session and moved onto level 4. Level 4 is said to be the hardest because the kids have to master all of the strokes (backstroke, etc.) before they can move onto level 5. CJ did great in level 4, but still has a couple of things he needs to master before passing up to level 5. Anyway...he did amazing. He went from jumping in the water and you being nervous he was going to come up to diving in off of the platforms, knowing all of his strokes and overall just a greater comfort level in the water all together. He even passed the deep end test at the YMCA, so now he can swim in the deep end alone there. I am amazed!!
This picture cracks me up and reminds me of the one I posted last year -
Just that he has grown even more! Anyway, he passed out of level 1 the first class and moved on to level 2 the second session. He had this HUGE fear of the deep end right from the beginning. They tried to get him to jump of the diving board and he wouldn't do it because he thought he was bigger then the person catching him (he probably was). So for 3 1/2 weeks we dealt with the fear. We even took him to the Y one night and had him jump in to me to see if that would help. (By the way, I am here to say that catching a 100 lb. kid flying at you while you are swimming in the deep end is NOT easy.) Anyway on Tuesday of the last week of class, he did it. He jumped off the diving board in the deep end. Just as I had assumed from that point on I couldn't get him to STOP jumping in the deep end. Anyway, he still has some work at level 2 to master, so I hope to get them both in swimming lessons over the winter or again in the spring. They LOVED going every single day! We can't wait until next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment