Monday, July 21, 2008

Yankee Stadium


Yankee Stadium, originally uploaded by {.kristin.}.

As many of you know, CJ has been REALLY upset that they are taking down the old Yankee Stadium with they move into the new one next year. It is funny how young and old, Yankee Stadium means so much to so many.

Anyway, we didn't think we were going to be able to take him and he knew it. Every night he watched a game on TV with his Dad he would go to sleep crying because he wasn't going to see Yankee Stadium before they tore it down. I thought at first it was a one time thing, but it kept happening night after night and each time it just killed Chris and I.

So when Chris' father's birthday party was planned for Saturday night and we knew the Yankee's were going to be home we started hunting for tickets for Friday night.

Well...just last week we ended up getting 2 sets of 2 off of e-bay for a total of $200.00. That seems like so much, but really because this is the last season in that stadium, that price is REALLY good.

We didn't tell the boys anything. On Friday afternoon we piled them in the van and told them that Mommy needed to go to a camera store (they were NOT happy). Chris had gone to Marshall's and gotten them $10.00 jersey's, we got then Yankee backpack bags, and I FINALLY found them Yankee crocs down there. We added their gloves to each of their bags and their hats and hid them in the back of the van.

We drove down to the stadium and when we got there Chris said something like "look to your left" and there is was. I have this all on video and I will upload it at some time...but excited was an understatement.

When we pulled into their parking lot we gave them their bags and they were SO excited! It was awesome...so worth every dollar.

We had a fantastic time, the Yankee's won and CJ (and Daddy!) got to see the stadium for one last time. It was hard for CJ and Chris to leave. CJ cried so hard when we drove away that he puked (the pretzel on the way out wasn't the best idea) on the way home.

It amazes me how connected CJ was to this place. It is really sad they can't leave it up. There is FAR too much history in this place for them to take it down...but I am sure new memories will be made in the new stadium.

I am just so glad we were able to do this. I know it will all go down in each of our hearts as one of the best family moments of all time. I even have some awesome pictures to remember it by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you rent that awesome wide angle again? Sweet photo...I think it needs to be hung in the boys room!

I can only imagine what it would feel like if they took down Fenway, so I can sympathize with the boys :)