Friday, October 24, 2008

Happy Anniversary Monster!!

Who would that thought back when I was a young girl dreaming of a fall wedding in the leaves that I would someday be a photographer in the busiest time of my year! Anyway, today is Chris and I's 10th Anniversary!! He calls me "monster" all of the time (which is a nice way of saying what I really am sometimes!) and I always give it right back to him. =)

In all seriousness, Chris and I met in the late fall of 1993 at Cortland State. I was a softball pitcher there practicing in the field house during the off season and he was playing intramural basketball with his friends in that same field house. Of course being 6 foot 2, guys taller then I am always drew my attention and Chris certainly did! Very soon, a mutual friend introduced us and we started the marathon phone conversations, and then I helped him study for his Biology exam soon after. It didn't take long for Chris and I to know we were perfect for each other and that what we shared was special.

I knew within a few months I would marry him and I am sure he knew the same. Right dear?

Anyway, I married Chris for EVERYTHING he was...a family man, wonderful with kids, kind, caring, loving, romantic and taller then I was (lol!). :) We have done SO much in the past 15 years together and as we celebrate 10 years of marriage I look back and think about just how far we have come.

We owned 2 houses and lived in so many apartments (ask our family that moved us so many times!), we have seen the world, we have seen good times and worked though hard times as well. Together, we created two of the most amazing little boys we could ever have dreamed of. They complete us. They are each made up of a little bit of each of us that were joined together 10 years ago today. CJ has Chris' personality but looks more like me. Connor has my personality (yes, it is where he gets it from!) but Chris' brown hair and brown eyes.

Like every other couple out there we have had our fair share of challenges, but together we got through them and I know deep down in my heart that whatever in life gets thrown at us, we will always have each other and we will always find a way to work through them.

Chris is my best friend. He may not always say what he is thinking, but I know deep down in my heart that he is the biggest supporter of my dreams, my best friend, the best father in the world, and the one person in my life that loves me more then anything else.

Chris, I am proud of all we have done the last 10 years with you by my side. I could not imagine a better person to share all of the memories with. I love you with all of my heart and I can't wait to see what the next 10 years are filled with!!

Happy Anniversary Monster!! I love you!!

No comments: