Thursday, March 27, 2008

mother of the year....to the cutest teddy bear in the world.

.my teddy bear.

Yes, just call me mother of the year once again.

Connor had his teddy bear picnic today at pre-k. For any one out there that has had a kid go through good start or pre-k in Victor, you KNOW what a big deal this is.

Basically...what happens at this picnic is that all of the kids (really, parents), make "floats" with a teddy bear in them and they have this little parade through the school and end up in the board room for a little picnic on blankets. It is the upstate NY way of trying to kid yourself into thinking that it just MIGHT be warming up outside. It isn't.

I would like to sit here and say that I worked so hard on Connor's float. I didn't. I totally lucked out and still had CJ's float in the basement and just did some updates and rolled with it. CJ's float was a Zamboni....boring old white with a hand drawn old black and red Sabres logo on the front of it. The white covered a box that we cut out to fit perfectly over this big dump truck that we had. Add a rope and we were all set!

So, Connor also wanted a zamboni. So, I took of the white, replaced it with blue and yellow and stuck on this Sabres logo sticker that we had around the house. Connor insisted that it have a "smoke stack" on the top, so we added that with a toilet paper roll. Of course I got in a TON of trouble because CJ claimed Connor's was WAY better then his (it was, I am an expert now. :)). Anyway, here it is -

.teddy bear picnic.

So on to the mother of the year stuff.

I missed it.

Yes, you read that right. I missed it.

I thought it was at 2:45. At around 2:20 I started panicking a bit. What if it was at 2:30? I had what seemed to be every kid in the neighborhood in my house. I looked for a sheet to confirm the time and couldn't find one. So I called the school.

"What time does the teddy bear parade start?"

"It is going on right now."

Crap.

I got everyone out of the house the fastest I could (some I am sure are now scared), and we hopped in the car and raced to the school.

When I got there all of the families were sitting on their blankets having snack. Connor was sitting there with another mother on their blanket so sad. I will NEVER forget that look. I missed the parade...I missed the picnic...and I just feel horrible. I want to enjoy these times, not MISS them!!

Anyway....I am so sad about it. I can't imagine how sad he must have been to march into that room to show off his float and have ALL of the other parents be there but me. :(

My sweet boy.

Ugghhhh.

No comments: