Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Lepercon Trap

Lepercon Trap

I know....I know....I am behind with my blogging....crazy times!

Anyway, this was CJ's creation at school on St. Patrick's Day. In talking with some friends that morning, I came to the conclusion that I am seriously a major slacker when it comes to doing festive stuff on St. Patrick's Day. I usually do a corned beef and cabbage, which the boys hate, but that is about it.

Anyway he came home from school and spent most of the night "setting the trap" to catch a lepercon. I had never heard of this, but all he told me is that the lepercon leaves all of this "dust" so you know he has come. So after he went to bed, I sprinkled glitter from the door to the trap (mess), and this morning when he woke up he was excited to see that the lepercon came but didn't get why the lepercon didn't take the "gold coins" he had left him??

I didn't know I was supposed to take them too! Opps. :) I swear, I can't keep up with all of the requirements for all of these fictitious people (tooth fairy, easter bunny, santa, etc.) Wish me better luck next year!

Anyway, we were in Buffalo all weekend at our final hockey event of the year. I can't tell you how strange it is to sit here at night and not running out to the rink. We had a great weekend though, and we were really blessed with a great set of parents on CJ's mite team this year, and we had a great weekend with them. All of the kids loved playing in the pool together and we had our end of year party and Dave and Busters in Buffalo. If you ever want a FUN night out with your kids, head to a Dave and Busters - it was awesome there!!

Anyway, we got home and Connor decided on Monday that he had a "headache" and didn't want to go to school. He has been pulling this crap with me for the last couple of weeks. He totally cracked me up last week because he told me he didn't want to go to school because "all they do is count and I already know how to count to infinity and beyond." I am sure he is so sick of counting to 30 when he can count to over 100 easily, but hey, you have to go to school.

Anyway, on the way there he wasn't himself and I really thought he was pulling my leg. I dropped him off at 9:00 am and they called me at 10:00 am and said he was sound asleep on the couch. I guess he WAS sick!! He has fought a fever for the last 3 days. As long as you pop motrin in him, he is good to go. :) I think he is feeling better today regardless...he wasn't going to miss his easter party today!

Anyway....working with the tax man to get my taxes done and my refunds back in time for Myrtle Beach!! I SO need a vacation.....and....by the way, the walk is 45 days away!!! People have been calling and asking how my training is going...it sucks...my life has been a complete tornado for the last month. I am still loosing weight though - down 32 lbs now! :) That has to help....anyway....more posts coming soon. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was cracking up over the lepracaahn story because I knew notheing about him until Emily was in school. I probably forgot the gold coin the first year also. This year all 3 kids set traps, we caught noone but the gold wraped candy was gone and in place was green wrapped hersey kisses (remember the color dcoded candy Aisle in walmart). then we had green toliet water and green milk. they kids where so excited. who knew! kathy haugh