Wednesday, May 14, 2008

American Idol is Rigged.

Yes, I feel better now.

I am a huge American Idol fan.

I know...CAPITAL L for LOOOOSSEERR.

I have been feeling like it is rigged in some ways for the last few seasons, but is it just me or has then season been a total set up for a David vs. David final?

I really like David Cook...so I am happy at least one of my favorites is still around. But David Archuletta? Are you kidding me? If this 17 year old sings one more ballad that makes him act 60 I am going to scream. Why are the teenagers so enticed with him? He looks 10. He sings like he is 80. He tried on song that actually is somewhat contemporary last night and it sucked! Really! He was out of tune, he messed up on some words, he danced like I do (not that good) and the judges still say "you can sing a phone book."

He sucks.

Sorry.

I had to get that out.

Sure he has a good voice....sure he is 17....sure he has a baby face....but how is this kid every possibly going to produce a record that people actually want to buy?

Syesha, in my opinion was by FAR the best singer last night. She could have been Whitney Houston and they still would have said "it is just a' right for me." The producers wanted a David vs David final and they made Randy, Paula and Simon do everything in their power to get it! Remember a few weeks ago when Paula gave critique on a song that Jason Castro hadn't even sung yet? Exactly. Proves my point.

The show is rigged.

And...if David Archuletta wins this year over David Cook I am done. No more American Idol for me!

I think.

I hope tonight is the big shocker of the season and they vote off David Archuletta. Then what will Randy, Paula and Simon do?

Oh wait....they will probably just rig the voting. :)

1 comment:

Kristine McKowen said...

I agree - no way the baby should still be on,

They need to make it so you are only allowed one vote per person.

So hopefully everyone who was voting for her will switch to David Cook.