Is it wrong that I looked at this again this morning and had to just laugh at it? I guess you have to laugh as a mother. He was so proud when he came home yesterday and the top one was circled yesterday. Mommy was happy too.
I have always said that the real test will be what he does with the sheet of paper when the top one ISN'T circled. Jamie (Christy's husband, Celia's Dad) does pickup everyday so I know that his teacher is using this tool to communicate.
Well, as I am typing this post Connor came home from school and handed me his slip for the day. Not good. He walked to the front door and handed the slip to be and instantly started crying. I am not laughing and more...actually I would like to cry.
"Connor did not follow our classroom rules today."
I swear...I can't get Connor to be good. I have tried EVERYTHING. He doesn't follow rules. He poops his pants. He fights me every step of the way; every where I go, everything I try to do. I have such mixed feelings about sending him to Kindergarten next year. Part of me is sad my baby is going to school, part of me is thrilled that I will get a break from him (yes, all mothers need breaks, I just admit it), and part of me is scared that this is what is going to happen. I can't take these notes home everyday. I will crack. I will.
I need a drink. Happy Hour anyone??
On to the next topic before I go and try to talk to Connor...
This is why shopping for girls is so much fun. They would never have anything like this for a boy!
A Barbie that wants to be a Baby Photographer??? It even has props and a camera on a tripod! So funny...of course I had to get it for Christy's daughter for her birthday. Every kid needs Photographer Barbie!
Off to pour a stiff one.

No comments:
Post a Comment