Thursday, May 15, 2008

Welcome Home Major Christopher Cronin!

.happy.

Again, I say this a lot, but it is moments like I witnessed on Tuesday night that keep me going strong as a photographer. I get to share so many awesome moments with families, but on Tuesday night I shoot my first Welcome Home for a solider that lives in my neighborhood and just spent the last 12 months honorably serving our country in Afghanistan.

It was a moment that I will never forget. To see all of their friends and family gathered at the airport at 9:45 at night to welcome him was amazing. His two beautiful children had smiles on their faces from the moment they walked through the doors.

Here his daughter checks out his papers that were in a pocket on the outside of his uniform. I am sure this family picture of his wife and kids got him through many of long days.

.what helped daddy get home.

This is one of my all time favorite pictures because of the story it tells. I don't think his two kids could be more proud and happy to see their Daddy finally home!

.daddy.

So, Welcome home US Army Major Christopher Cronin!! Courtney he is finally home and in your arms again! Thank you so much for allowing to photograph this moment with all of your family and friends!

No comments: