Monday, September 15, 2008

Uggghhhhh.............

Let's start with the good news!!

Brian and Linda's house has electricity restored ALREADY!! So instead of heading to NY tomorrow they are heading back to their house and getting everything cleaned up down there and things organized and packed to head up here. Schools down there are closed indefinitely, and according to Linda's work web site electricity is not supposed to be restored down there for 2-4 WEEKS. I will update you again once they arrive home and are able to see what (if anything) is damaged.

Bad news?

Leave it to us to have the bad news. We had worse damage from Ike then they did!! Those winds last night were amazing!! I can't even imagine having 100 mph winds. Well, CJ's trampoline that he wished for, and used his birthday money for, and used ALL of the time, and that weighed probably 300 lbs blew UP and OVER our deck and ended up in the neighbors yard upside down and....BROKEN in 2 spots. The metal completely snapped. I cried. I did. Because he loves his trampoline so much...we are going to try to get a neighbor to weld it, and if he can't, I will try to get the parts. Uggghhh....it is not like you can call the insurance company and file a wind damage claim on a trampoline!

And this was after we got the news on Saturday that Chris truck needed 1300.00 worth of work (wheel barrings, sway bar, etc.) to pass inspection. After Chris responded "HOLY S($@#T" to the guy when he gave him the price he must have been scared to death Chris would beat him up when he returned, because he took $300.00 off of that...$1047.00 and guess what? His truck is in the driveway today because it sounds WORSE now then it did. They told him when they picked it up that the wheel barring part they put in might have been defective, but let him take it home. He called again yesterday to bring it back because it definatly IS and the guy who could fix it wasn't working yesterday...so...it sits here.

Happy Monday....remember....it could be worse. I could have a house on Galveston Island. :)

1 comment:

Christie said...

I'm sorry about your trampoline! We had wheel bearing issues ALL summer. Craig's car needed new ones, and I swear it was the most difficult process ever. He had them put on and taken off about 3 times before they got it right. Then the alternator went for some reason. Then I blew a tire while driving by myself on the expressway. It all started with those darn wheel bearings!