Thursday, September 11, 2008

.why brian and linda need prayers.

hurricane2

View Large HERE.

So many have asked where Brian and Linda live so here is a map to show you. The flag on the top two maps is their house. Because their house is surrounded by water on 3 sides they need all of the prayers they can get. Galveston Bay is to the east, Clear Lake is to the north, and the gulf is to the south. My brother and Linda have talked about it before, but I believe that have said that Cat 3 in above they could be in trouble. It looks like it will be that and it looks like they will be just east of the eye, which is known to be the "dirty" or worst side of the storm.

So I am worried sick about their house...so I was trying to read up on it, and I found this article on a Houston Chronicle Article -

"Now we're starting to see some significant flooding, especially in counties directly east of Harris County. Flooding in Galveston Bay reaches 13 feet and there's some water getting into subdivisions right on Clear Lake. Galveston's sea wall still protects the island's east side, more or less."

Here is the picture -

hurricane 3


Well...Brian and Linda live in one of those subdivisions and the storm serge is supposed to be greater then 13 feet if it lands as a cat 3. :(

I just can't imaging having to pack everything up and hoping that your house will be there when you return. :(

I know I have gotten a couple of cards and a few e-mails today from people checking on them, so I will do my best to keep you posted. The good news is that they are ALL safe.

No comments: