CJ has Eczema all over his hands that has flared up from something he has come in contact with. It could be the pool, it could be a soap, it could be really anything!
I went with my gut and because I am in a PPO and don't need a referral to a specialist, I was able to make an appointment on my own quickly with the PA at Helendale Dermatology and Medical Spa right off of Empire Boulevard in Rochester. Anyway, the whole staff was great there and the office is really cool inside!
Okay...back to CJ and his eczema. She said he could grow out of it, but he may not. Down the road they may choose to do some skin patch testing to try to pinpoint what is causing it, but for now because his hands are so raw, she just wants to treat it. Anyway, this is a far cry from the "dry skin" that Elmwood Pediatrics said. The other thing that really bothers me about it is that they prescribed him a steroid creme and told me to put it on him 3 times a day and then put those spa gloves over it. Well, according to the people at Helendale, that could really hurt him because the amount they prescribed is an adult dose (because he needed it) and keeping the gloves on his hands would give him too MUCH of the steroid and overtime could be harmful. She said it was good that I only had done this once.
She also gave me different medicine for his Athlete's feet because they don't think the over the counter stuff will help him.
This is the second (maybe third) time my pediatrician has "messed" up and you know what they say...three strikes and you are out! My main pediatrician is awesome, but she is only part time and everyone else in the practice knows how awesome she is so I don't normally get appointments with her unless I schedule them FAR in advance. Sick? Forget about it.
So, I spent a while yesterday afternoon getting them switched over to Fairport Pediatrics. I tried to get in there when we first moved here and they were not accepting new patients. Shannon thought that they might be now, so I called and sure enough, they were! Their new Dr. is Dr. Sara Dovichi. She is young and according to Shannon, awesome! So, I hope this is a better fit for us!
Anyway...we will continue with the steroid creme and go back in 3 weeks (July 2nd) for a follow up.
On another note for CJ...we had a tough week school wise because they took all of the kids to see the string concert from this years kids. He is STILL upset over all of that. Last night was the parent concert and parents meeting for next year, so let's hope someone decided not to stay in so CJ can get in. :) I can't take any more tears over all of this. Although, I am sure I will get a few next year when I make him practice and he doesn't want to! LOL!
Anyway...off to Connor's field days today and the zoo with CJ tomorrow! The heat is coming back tomorrow, so it will be time to close up the house and get on the air again!
Oh...and I have a newborn tonight coming here for a shoot. :) I love newborns!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment