The other day at a friends house CJ and Connor picked me these beautiful "lilacs" (they are not lilacs but that is what they thought they were). They were SO excited to give them to me and even put them in this beautiful vase for me! LOL! It is one of those huge plastic "beer bottle" banks that was once filled with popcorn. They actually smell amazing! CJ was all upset this morning because they were dying already. They are such good boys and they love me so much....even when I yell at them. :)
Anyway, I forgot to tell you all about our trip to RG&E this weekend! As you know Chris was selected to cross the picket lines if one of the unions went on strike. So Saturday, CJ's birthday, he had to go into work and pick up all of his "stuff" to get ready. We thought it was going to be a quick trip in and out, so being that it was CJ's birthday we decided to take a family drive to West Ave. :) Those familiar with Rochester know this is not the best part of town.
We drove into the totally fenced in office park complete with security guard stationed in the "watch house". What a joke. Anyway, we park and Chris goes in to get what he needs.
We stopped at Wendy's on the way there to get lunch so the boys had their food and drinks in the back seat.
We sat.
And sat.
And sat.
Then we started fighting.
Punching each other.
Mommy tells them to stop.
They tell Mommy that the other is "enjoying" it so they keep doing it.
I tell them don't cry when someone gets hurt, because it is going to happen. Beating each other up in the back seat can only possibly be enjoyable for so long.
We sit longer.
Laughing turns to crying because exactly what Mommy said was going to happen is.
CJ gets thirsty from all of the beating he is taking and takes a sip of his soda and chokes.
All of you know what is going to happen next.
I knew.
I get out of my seat, open his door, and.....
PUKE.
I was right.
There right in the middle of the RG&E parking lot sat a huge pile of puke.
Everywhere.
Nice.
I bet we gave the security guard some entertainment for a while.
He recovers quickly...but we wait.
Daddy and a guy FINALLY come out and the kids start yelling out the windows at him. Nice.
I panic. What if they walk over to the car and step in the puke?
I move the car so that they don't come over where we were. They walk to a meter reader truck and sit in it....forever.
We sit more.
Finally they are done. I have to pee so bad I want to cry. The boys are telling me to go in the bushes. I can't do that. I can't leave either. There is no place to go potty in this part of town that I can bring the kids into and go.
I pray Chris comes to the car.
No.
He goes back into the building...and walks within FEET of this big pile of puke. Can you imagine if he had stepped in it?
I have no choice other then to try to get into the building.
Locked. You need an employee badge to get in (remember, bad part of town?)
I just want to cry.
Finally Chris comes out and lets me in the building before I pee my pants.
I made it though another exciting adventure of the Williams family alive.
Never, ever a dull moment!

No comments:
Post a Comment