Wednesday, June 25, 2008

.last day of school.

What a day filled with all sorts of emotions...the last day of school.

This year isn't any different then the others. It was cool to see the kids excited about summer vacation. It was great to see them finish another year of school and to look back and see how far they came in 10 short months. It was sad to see them say goodbye to teachers that both boys just loved and to say goodbye to friends that they have talked about for the last 10 months. It is the good thing about Victor. The chances of them being in the same class with some of these friends next year is really good. I think both boys "graduating class" only has around 250 kids in it.

It was scary to figure out what in the heck I am going to do with them over the next two months. :) I am sure there will be plenty of blog posts over the next two months where I am ripping my hair out in frustration, but then I remind myself, it is only 2 months.

Next year Connor will get on that bus and my days will be too quiet. I get emotional thinking about it already. There is something about putting your first on that bus for the first time and there is even something more about putting your last.

But anyway...if you remember, in pre-K/good start they ask each of the children what they want to be when they grow up for their final ceremonies. CJ wanted to be an astronaut. Connor wants to be a professional hockey goalie. Well...that is good and bad. Good because it is better then what he usually says which is a "zamboni driver" and bad because well...we are 99.9% sure their hockey days are over (another post for another day).

Anyway, Connor really loved his teacher and as much as he gave her a hard time, he really did love her. A couple of times over the weekend he started getting all teared up saying he was going to miss her. The end of school is really hard on kids! Anyway, here she is with Connor on his last day. You can tell just how much she loves Connor. I bet she didn't weigh 20 lbs more then he does!

.pre-K teacher.

I don't have a picture with CJ and his teacher (darn it....uggghh), but he really liked her too. Today we even had to drive back after I picked him up to say one last goodbye. I sort of felt like a loser doing it, but I knew that if I didn't he would be upset about it all summer. He ran right up to her and gave her one last hug. After the first few days of 1st grade I wasn't sure what would happen with CJ, but he did great and in the end I think she was just awesome for CJ.

I can't believe I have a 2nd grader and a kindergartner! How did that happen?

Anyway, many have called asking about CJ's arm. It still looks horrible, but I think it will take a few days to get better. We ordered a protective sleave for this weekend and all of his games so hopefully that will help prevent anything further from happening. Here it was yesterday -

.elbow day 3.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The girls sounded like they cried the whole morning and last night they were so exhausted they could not fall asleep. Its great they get emotional-they have had a great year! Kathy