First of all....Hillary is out of the race officially now and by the sounds of it finally opened up and relaxed like she should have all along in this race. It sounds like based on the news stories that her speech yesterday was awesome. I wasn't voting for her (I don't like McCain either!), but I loved this quote she said yesterday in her speech that centered on "what her quest had meant to women" -
"It would break my heart if, in falling short of my goal, I in any way discouraged any of you from pursuing yours," she said. "When you stumble, keep faith. And, when you're knocked down, get right back up and never listen to anyone who says you can't or shouldn't go on."
Love it. I honestly think if she would have kicked out all of her campaign advisor's that told her NOT to center on being a woman and being non-controversial, she might be the candidate, but hey...that is why I am not a campaign adviser. :)
Oh....on another note. Last week we were freezing, this weekend it is in the 90's here. Nuts. The high today is 95 and it is just HOT. I am supposed to have a photo shoot this morning at 9:00 to "avoid" the heat for their kids...it looks like I will be calling them because I think it is already 80 or so out there.
Oh...and last night I want to my good friend Shannon's daughters dance recital...it was amazing. Really. Both Taylor and Paige did so well and really are the leaders in their groups for sure! I brought CJ with me, and he sat through all 3 1/2 hours of it and NEVER complained! I was so proud of Paige (4) and her first dance recital. She can be a bit timid at times and I wondered if she would go out on the stage and do her thing in front of all of those people! She did! Wonderfully! Taylor is a pro...I mean she is so good. Her friends look to HER when they are lost and Taylor just seemed like such a natural leader. Anyway...I was so proud of both of them and was so glad I could come and watch them dance. :)
Oh...and in the process if setting up the pool to get ready for this heat this year I filled the entire pool and went to turn the pump on and...nothing. This is the second pool and 3rd pump in 2 years. So I call Intex to see what they can do. Nothing. I ask the girl if there is anything she can do to the fact that we have had to buy 3 pumps in 2 years and she said, "No, it just sucks." Can you imagine if I said that to one of my clients?
Anyway...we can replace the pump for $73.00 and keep a pool that will only get one more year out of it because of its size or we can next size up pool at Target that we can use for a few years more and pay $75.00 more dollars. We went with the bigger pool. Other then it is HUGE and Chris started filling it and it isn't level for that size there. So we need to fix it today before we can fill it more...or else...we will have a big time mess!
Anyway...some other exciting news tell you about...but later. :)
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment