Wednesday, September 10, 2008

cello....

.the newest second grade, tie dye wearing, Yankee lovin', jock, cello player.

Introducing CJ...the newest second grade, tie dye wearing, Yankee lovin', jock, cello player. :)

As I mentioned in the last post, CJ JUST got accepted yesterday into our schools Suzuki program to play the cello!!

We had an whole issue last spring when he was told he would get into the program but didn't so you have no idea how excited he is about this opportunity!

We went today to get sized and rent his cello. We expected to wait a week for them to get a cello ready, but because of his size he ended up with the 1/2 cello so we didn't have to wait! He couldn't WAIT to get home and play...and he did for about 20 minutes or so. He was even playing his rendition of "Mississippi Hot Dog" that the Suzuki kids must have played in the spring concert last year!

I really think he is going to love this and I am so excited he is being exposed to music this young!

2 comments:

Missy said...

I SO remember "mississippi hotdog" from Mattie with the voilin. Next comes "run pony jump pony". You will be hearing that in your sleep! That picture is too cute!

Christie said...

Congrats to CJ - he is such a talented and lucky boy!