Days with Connor go something like this. This morning was extra hard because I found Chris' Darth Star Space Station last night in the basement from when he was a kid...you think I had found gold. I hate Star Wars, but that is another post for a different day. Anyway...the morning went something like this...
"Connor, go poop."
"No."
"Connor if you poop your pants today at school you will not go to the football game tonight."
"I don't have to go."
"The football game tonight is going to be awesome, fireworks, first game on the new turf (this is a HUGE deal for our boys), marching band, friends..."
"No."
"GET UPSTAIRS AND GO." I know...I know...a lot of you are saying you can't force a kid to do this...but here is the math.
11 days of school.
9 days of pooping in the morning.
2 days of not pooping in the morning.
Guess how many days he pooped his pants at school.
2.
Sorry...he goes like clock work in the morning...he has to go.
"Well, if you make my go poop I am not going to be your friend."
"I am not your friend, I am your mother."
"Then I am not going to give you a hug and a kiss tonight."
"Go poop."
Crying, screaming at me....carries on for a few minutes. I ignore him.
We get dressed and I ask him to try one more time.
He sits on the pot and poops a TON.
Exactly.
CJ on the other hand is waiting patiently for his cello lessons to start...nothing like a mouthy 7 year old with anger issues with a cello in his hand.
Basketball at the YMCA for the fall was canceled...only 4 kids signed up, so now we will have to wait for winter.
School is going well for CJ...although he comes home and rates his teachers level of "crankiness" everyday...let's just say her ratings are that good...and I am sure he is part of the problem.
Chris parents are coming into town today....it will be great to see them.
Oh...I turned over a new leaf this week...I actually CLEANED my house. It feels so good. Really. It is so nice to clean something and not have two little boys destroy it just minutes later.
All is good. More later.

2 comments:
So Kristin - remember all those times you kept telling me how challenging Connor was - and I said wait - my turn will come! Well it has! Celia goes to school for 2 + years and never once did she get in trouble with the teachers. CJ goes to pre-school and on his 3rd day - he gets a Time-Out! And told the teacher that he was tired because he stayed up late watching sponge Bob (entirely made-up story all the way around!). so.....he comes my turn! We can commiserate together.
Christy
Oh no! I swear boys are just so much different. It cracks me up that he told them that he was watching Sponge Bob!! I hope he doesn't give you too many gray hairs....we can commiserate together for sure. :)
Post a Comment