The boys (Connor especially) have not been happy with their mother the last few weeks because of me being so busy with the walk.
Connor even said on Saturday that "He hates Christy's Crew." and wanted to know when I could stop "working for Christy." I laughed...well sort of. It always bothers me when my kids say things like that, but I know what I am doing is the right thing...for me....for my community....for my heath and ultimately my future.
So on Sunday morning when we announced that we were going to a "walk to benefit cancer" that were not happy...until they got there and realized it was a family event and these three guys were there!
Christy's Crew attended the Gilda's Walk for Wellness to support the Gidla's Club of Rochester out at Greece Ridge Mall. It was nice to attend a family event, and the boys meet these three guys from the St. John Fisher Soccer team, and they played soccer with them for about 2 hours in the middle of the mall! Seriously though, what a GREAT bunch of guys. Chris and I can't wait to take them to one of their games next fall!
Anyway, the walk went great, and our training went great at noon, but I have to admit....I have been struggling with the fact that I am busting my butt and the weight stopped coming off. I did 9 miles on Saturday, 4 on Sunday morning, Yoga for a hour and gained almost 2 lbs....and that was after staying at down 24 lbs for the whole week before.
I know...I know....the comments are going to start coming....STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF!! Sorry...I can't. Don't bother telling me. The only people that are on a diet and don't step on the scale all of the time to weigh themselves probably are the people that don't need to be on the diet in the first place. I mean come on....
We live in an instant gratification society. We want to see results, and when you spend hour after hour busting your butt away from your family you want to see RESULTS. la la la la...well....women go though "stuff" that can change weight loss...la la la la la...I don't care. When the scale goes down, I eat better. When I bust my butt and the scale doesn't budge I say "why in the hell am I doing this" and I eat an entire small heart shaped carrot cake in one sitting. (Thank you to the boy scouts, and our friend Ryan Briggs for the amazing Carrot Cake from Cheesy Eddie's on South Ave. Yes, it was an entire cake, but it was a small one. ...and seriously the best piece of carrot cake I have ever had.)
So today I go to the gym all pissed at myself for eating that cake. I totally do this crazy 3 mile walk on the hill treadmill with all 3 miles done on a 10-25% incline at 3.8-4.0 mph...I step on the scale...and....bang. I lost 2 more lbs.
So, basically....the moral of the story is eat a good Carrot Cake daily and you will lose weight!! Who am I kidding...I am totally one of those who can eat a cheese burger and my ass instantly is 2 sizes bigger. It sucks.
Oh well...I am going to take my 2 lbs and run with it (literally!). I am now down 26 lbs and have about 50 more to go! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment