is it over yet?
Really...yesterday the boys were obviously home with me. I have not had a SEVERITY 1 troublce ticket that lead to a software defect in years. I had one that was opened on Wednesday night. Yesterday morning I was at my desk at 6:00 am working, trying to figure out what what the heck was going on. I could go into details on what happened but all I would do is confuse everyone, but let's just say it is UGLY. The patch hopefully will be placed on the servers today, and I can put this behind me with my fingers crossed that the fraud losses are not there at all.
Anyway...I was on the phone all day with people and the boys decided to at each others throats all day. Fighting, tattle tailing...la la la la laaaaa. So what do I do? Go and get another wii remote to replace the one that Connor washed. Call the Super Nanny...I know. But another wii remote for them is like putting a pacifier in a crying babies mouth. I needed to work, and I knew that is the only thing that would keep their attention. 2 boys + 1 wii remote= NOT a good thing.
The afternoon was quiet. I didn't even make it to the gym I was so swamped. Then around 4:00 my boss calls with the director of the product that had the issue in his office. Less then 2 minutes later Celia, Connor's friend and Christy's daughter that lives down the street is at the door. As always, Gehrig goes ballistic. I am trying to talk so I run up to my bathroom and lock the door. It still isn't quite, but better. I knew Celia was afraid of the dog so I knew she wouldn't come in if he was not locked up, so I hoped she would just go home on her own. Well, she must have run into my neighbor Michelle who was coming over to drop off a check, and came in with her? Not sure...I was locked in the bathroom. Somewhere in all of this Gehrig gets out. He is running all over the neighborhood. My home phone is ringing. I am still trying to talk to my boss and honestly, I want to crack.
My boss starts working in the database just long enough for me to come to the top of the stairs and tell Michelle I am on the phone with my boss with a work problem. She got Celia home, and starting trying to get Gehrig with her van (that works EVERY time!). At around 4:45 I hang up with my boss after we FINALLY figured out what the issue was. Jen is coming to pick us up for hockey in 20 minutes. The boys were supposed to be TOTALLY dressed because Chris was meeting us a hockey. CJ's equipment is still wet in the dryer. I have not showered and honestly...look like hell. I tell them if they get dressed I will take them to Wendy's on the way home. THANK GOD they took the bribe. I was running out of time and they really pulled through.
When Jen picked us up I sat back and just let this big breath out and laughed. You have to. I made it through another day!
Anyway...on a training note. Still hanging at 26 lbs...which is good. I had a couple of weak moments this weekend with the chicken wings and sweet potato fries at Thomas Creek Ice Arena. And...well...I had another weak moment yesterday at Target when I was getting the wii remote and I...well....got a Cadbury Creme Egg too. BUT...I made up for it today on the treadmill. When I first started running my 5K's (3.2 miles) on Wednesdays I was running them slow...at around 48 minutes. Last week I cut that down to 44 minutes, and this week I blew that away at 38:30. It is nice to see this training pay off! :) I am going to be running a 5K on Mothers Day, the weekend after the walk in DC for the Breast Cancer Collation of Rochester....so I am sure I will be ready!
Anyway....have a good day!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment