Friday, January 25, 2008

3.2

I need one of those obnoxious oval stickers that says "3.2" that you see all over peoples cars saying all sorts of different letters and people behind you spend their time sitting there trying to figure out what the letters stand for.

Anyway, today I did a 5K run. So I need a sticker that says 3.2. A 5K is 3.2 miles. There is one for a marathon (26.2) that I have seen. Anyway, it was supposed to be an off day, but I am on a mission and decided to enjoy a nice run since running is not included in our walk training. On January 1st I would have never been able to complete the run, today, I did 3.2 miles in 39:20. Don't get me wrong, 39:20 is not athlete status by any means, but it was my fastest time in a while and I did it without wanting to die right there on the treadmill.

Next week I want to get it down under 39 minutes and we will work on it from there. It amazes me how fast my body has reacted to all of these workouts. I feel great. I am finally wearing my own clothes (not Chris'!), and this morning I put on my favorite fleece that I have not been able to wear in over 2 years!

22 lbs down....about 60 to go. :)

No comments: