Who am I kidding? Really. Forget the song of the day. I don't have time to even post here let along search for a song, update the code, and play everyday. Sorry for all of those who enjoyed it. Just turn on your iPod when you read my blog...then you will actually like the music. :)
Anyway....it was another busy day. More roof stuff. I went over to speak to these two contractors that are working on a house in the circle about possibly fixing my roof. Of course I walk over and tell him where I live and he tells me that he noticed my roof was "messed up". I hate that. He said there is some buckling at the seams (tabs?) that all need to be put back down or else the whole roof will come off. Nice. Our house is 3 years and 2 months old and our roof is coming off?
So, I got even more pissed and called Ryan Homes and asked to speak with the service manager. He will be here tomorrow at 1:00 pm to have a look for himself. Keep your fingers crossed that they are willing to fix it. I am not getting my hopes up, but it doesn't hurt to try. Ryan homes isn't known for being the best quality, and they back that up with a 10 year warranty, that doesn't cover anything I guess. They say it is structural, but is a roof NOT structural???
A very special thank you to B&L Wholesale Supply, my friend Erin's family business, for giving me 2 bundles of shingles to repair the missing ones. You are the best!
If Ryan Homes won't fix it, these contractors will for $300.00. I don't think that is horrible, but man, it just sucks.
I also am here to tell you that the state of NY actually DOES have some nice people working for them in their tax department. I just applied for my sales tax collectors whatever (permit?) in September. I was issued my certificate and number on September 26th. The end of one of the collection quarters was September 20th. They fined me 100.00 for not sending in my claim for 9/20 on time even though they didn't issue my permit until 9/26. I called last Friday on I got a message that their computers were down until Monday. Right. So I called again today, and I actually spoke to 2 different people who where both super nice and took care of the problem.
It just goes to show that you have to follow up with EVERYTHING. Don't ever just pay bills...look at them!
Anyway...more exciting stuff going on today, but I don't want to post it until it is totally done. Maybe I will post again later tonight.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment