Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Song 365 - Day 2 "Up on the Roof" by the Drifters
Up on my roof you will see some missing shingles.
I don't know about all of you, but I can't imagine what it must sound like when a tornado actually hits your house, but last night had to feel close. I have NEVER heard or seen anything like it. 5:30 am this morning it sounded like a train was rolling over our house.
This morning we woke up to shingles all over the yard and prayed they where not ours. Our roof is 3 years old there is NO reason the shingles should be coming off of it. I went in the backyard and looked and the back look good. The front was another story. We are missing about 2 rows in a 3-4 foot section. Damn.
I called Ryan Homes, they said we are past the 1 year mark. Nice. I called State Farm, our deductible is $1000.00. It better not cost that much!!
Anyway, the basketball hoop also blew over and it has about 300 lbs of weight in the base of it. The newspaper this morning said they where 75 mile hour winds. It was just NUTS I tell you.
Anyway, anyone know any roofers?
Then I go to check my e-mail and my computer had crashed. It took me about 10 minutes to get Windows to start and I almost cried while it was trying to get going. All of my new logo stuff was on there, all my my bothers kids pictures where on there, neither was backed up. I finally get my computer back up and try to transfer the files to my external hard drive...it is full. 250 GB. Full. So I delete my old RAW files to make room and pray. I got them all saved.
Go to check my e-mail. Internet was down. Go to call Shannon to see if she knows a roofer. Phone does not work. I have my phone through TimeWarner now.
It has not been a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Nice choice of song considering your roof situation, but my vote would have been for "Windy" by The Association....
PS thanks for inspiring me to start a blog - I just haven't written anything yet....
Post a Comment