The boys have been reminding me for a few weeks that it was time to do their measurements on the inside of the pantry door. I kept thinking it was just yesterday when we did it the last time. I was wrong. Very wrong. The last time we did it was May 13th, 2007. It is amazing how you can have days that you never think are going to end, and then when you stop for an instant and look back on your life and realize just how fast it went. My "babies" are now young men. They are 4 foot 2 and 4 foot 4 now. When they stand next to me they are almost to my chest. Just yesterday they where in my arms. The strollers are still in the garage. The high chair is still in the basement.
I am really loving being a mom to them at the ages they are, but you can't help but get a little teary eyed when you look at this door. Even though we had may days with both of them (Connor especially!) that where so hard....I would give anything just to have a few of those days back. Connor was not even 2 when we moved into this house, now he is almost 5. Then he was making me wonder what I had done, now he is a little boy ready to run and get on that bus for the first time in September. It just doesn't seem possible.
I am sure some day they will be too tall to mark the door....but for now, I am going to enjoy every minute I can with them. The days go by too fast. So many people told me to enjoy them while they are young because soon they will teenagers....if only I had taken them seriously.

No comments:
Post a Comment