Connor had his 5 year old "well-baby" visit on Tuesday with Dr. Murphy. For some reason...even though he certainly is not a baby, I still call them that. Anyway, we had lots to talk about. First was the height and weight stuff. Connor is 4 foot 3 inches tall and 97 lbs. Yes. You read that right. At 5. Yikes. According to the growth charts, Connor is the size of a average (50%) 8 1/2 year old for height and 13 year old for weight. For everyone who says he will slow down at some point, please keep praying. There are certainly advantages having big children, but those advantages are not seen when they are 5 and that big for sure.
I think some of those issues are coming to light in school right now. He really seems to have cashed out for the year and it is leaving Chris and I concerned and in constant communication with his teachers.
The other big topic of conversation is his poop! Yes, after 10,000 more gray hairs on my head, Connor is STILL pooping his pants. I think 90% of his issue is mental, and Dr. Murphy said that some of his issue might be medical. They call it ENCOPRESIS....you can read about it by clicking on that link. So...Dr. Murphy recommended a whole bunch of things including an x-ray, a bunch of laxatives that will make everything worse to make it better, and having him sit for 10 minutes on the potty at least 2 times a day. Oh yeah, and the other big thing with her plan that she talked to him about is HIM cleaning his dirty undies. She told him that he makes the choice to poop his pants (right after saying some is medical? Not sure) and that I should not have to clean them. She recommended putting a dishpan with laundry detergent in the tub and letting HIM clean his undies. He didn't like that idea too much. So, we instantly started the 10 minutes 2 times a day and guess what? No accidents this week at all! So...I am going to hold off for a while on the laxatives that will make him poop so much that he won't be able to control it and try more natural remedies first (mineral water, watching what he eats, etc.) Wow, that was a bit crunchy of me...but...I just can't imagine giving him a laxative and having him mentally and physically deal with its consequences.
Anyway....he had a good day at school yesterday, thank God. Chris said he was horrible at baseball practice the other night...both of us around doubting our decision after that first night to let him play up. His skills put him at the top of the team, but his behavior is...well....embarrassing. Let's hope the next practice is better!
Anyway....news with CJ....we got a note home yesterday regarding him playing the violin, viola, or chello next year!! I guess only a few 2nd graders get into the program, so we might not get in, but we put in for it for him! CJ has always loved music, and I think this Suzuki program will be a great beginning to him learning to read music. Can you imagine a concert of 2-3rd graders playing the violin? I can't wait! He is so excited about it!
Okay...another reason the boys need to stop growing is so fast is the never ending cycle of them growing out of their sports equipment. Both boys needed new gloves this year, so we went glove shopping last night, and they both picked out gloves that should get them through another 2 years. Should is the key word there. They played catch with them last night and this morning and they just LOVE them. :) Nothing is better then an awesome new glove.
Auhh....and the joy of boys. :) CJ went to play yesterday at his friend Carson's house and the two of them were up in the field behind his house and found this "fossil". It really is an buck (deer) skull, but according to Carson's Mom, you would have thought they found gold. I had to clean the mud off of it this morning and package it all up in a box so that Carson and CJ could bring it to the special science teacher at school. It really is interesting to look at...and a big gross too!
Anyway....I am sure there is more, but I can't think of it. Have a good weekend! I have two big photo shoots this weekend, so keep your fingers crossed for good weather! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment