What a day it was yesterday....but I am pleased to report that I did make it through the "first" round of layoffs yesterday. It appears there were about 200 layoffs company wide, and 2 in my home office. Our main admin and one other employee were let go. The other employee was actually the guy who hired me, so it is all so sad really.
The business papers this morning are FULL with articles about the restructuring...
AP....
Reuters....
Minneapolis Business Journal....
The Street....
On May 8th, I will celebrate 8 years with this company (we were sold twice). Please say a little prayer that I make it that far. Things are not looking good, and honestly, our best chance with long term survival with my current job is if they sell us. According to these articles, that just may be in the cards.
In the mean time, after 8 years it is time to get that resume updated and get it out there. If anyone has any leads or hears about any positions that you think I may enjoy, please let me know. Networking is key to finding a job, so I would appreciate all of the help I can get!!
What sucks is that I loved my job. I loved the relationships that I built with my clients over the years. I loved all that I have learned....

No comments:
Post a Comment