Tuesday, April 1, 2008

ready...set....GO!

The boys started this K-1 Hoops Program through our town recreation department a few weeks ago. It overlapped with hockey a bit, and Connor was sick last week, but they REALLY love it. It is funny because after you go to basketball through the recreation department you will realize just how much hockey families take things WAY too seriously! Here is CJ stretching -

.stretch.

And to switch gears just a bit....my company laid off 160 today and I am happy to report I made it through another round of layoffs. 2 of the people at my home office (Cranbury, NJ) were not so lucky. One of those people was the person who hired me to work for Systems Link way back in the days. He is in his 60's and all I keep thinking about is how hard it must be to be laid off at that age. The other was our main admin...I guess it will be a while before I get the ink cartridges I need for my printer! She was an old Systems Link employee as well...please say a little prayer that I am not next. I can tell you one thing, I networked a bit today and found a place that will help me write a professional resume, and also got a couple of head hunters through 2 friends as well. The best time to find a new job is when you still have one. :)

No comments: