The good news is that I do believe I still have some time. Based on all of the calls yesterday, it looks like I could be around long past August when my office closes. One thing I should have mentioned in my last two posts is that I alone support 2 of the products in our suite of products. For both of those products I am the go to person for all of the questions for the entire company...so as long as someone at the table making the decisions on who goes and who stays knows that, I should be okay for a while. The only slight problem with this theory is that usually these decisions are made by people that have no idea how the day to day operations work. LOL!
The other good thing is that we are in contract with major cellular companies for these products, so you can't just shut them off tomorrow. We have a legal obligation to provide the service we provide. Next week, one of my big Canadian carriers is going live with 2 of the products I support on 2 brand new servers. Anyone in this business knows, the cost of bringing up 2 new servers with licenses, etc. isn't cheap.
Realistically though, it appears like they are trying to sell us, and really, I hope they do. Because my company has decided to direct all of their resources into one product suite (not mine), the only chance at long term survival is if we are owned by someone else. The good news is that we still make a lot of money with our products, so I am sure there would be some interested buyers out there!
My plan does not change though. I going through with my resume stuff. I will contact head hunters. I will test the market. I just think I can be pickier when I have a job...so why not start this process now.
Seriously though....THANK YOU for your support! :)
On another note, last week, before the whole thing happened I finally bit the bullet and ordered the point and shoot camera I have wanted for a while. I didn't want to bring my business camera to DC with me, and I can't tell you how many times I just want to go and take pictures at some event, but don't want to drag the big camera with me. So here she is...the newest member of the Williams Family, a Canon S5 IS!!
So far, I am really pleased with the picture quality I am getting. I can't tell you how many point and shoots I have tried, only to return them because the quality just isn't worth the price. I hope this camera is different.
Anyway...I was playing yesterday waiting for the bus! I never thought I would say this, but it is nice to see the BROWN!! It has been FREEZING here!!
He NEVER poses like this...

No comments:
Post a Comment