Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bob Steve Williams....born 1/14....is HOME!!

Yes, to all of those who have called and laughed at the fact that I named my van Bob, I am pleased to announce that Bob also has a middle name. His middle name is Steve after our good friend Steve Hersh who's advice really made this van possible. Anyway, Bob Steve Williams, came home yesterday and I can't tell you how awesome he is!! I am just amazed really how different the entire feel for the car is. Having brakes that actually brake when you step on them is something I guess I am going to get used to. Pushing the gas petal and having the car actually GO is amazing. Having a CD player that works is awesome too. The first CD in there was High School Musical, and the boys just are loving that - it actually has been quiet in the car! Really...I am just in love with it. It is by FAR the best car I have ever had, and I can't tell you how excited I am about it!!

And other good news to report on my roof. So far I have heard so many different things about my roof that I don't even know what to report to you on it, but I can tell you that yesterday afternoon, Chuck from Besroi Roofing (254-3800) came out to look at my roof yesterday afternoon. As you know, my good friend Erin's family owns B&L Wholesale Supply and they sell roofing, siding, etc. This was the roofer that they recommended to me and honestly, I was waiting for them to come and tell me what they thought before I made any decisions and before anyone fixed anything. Anyway, Chuck was at B&L yesterday morning, so Erin gave him the shingles needed (same color and all!) to fix the missing shingles. I really didn't expect it to be fixed yesterday, but Chuck went right up on the roof and looked at everything, fixed the missing shingles, and re-tared the ones that where curling up. He also took pictures and was going to contact the manufacturers of the singles and file a claim against them, because he really thought the shingles where defective the way they curled up. He said the fact that they only did it on the front of the house says a lot, so he took pictures and is going to file the whole claim for us, and he hopes that GAF will fix the front of the house so I don't have to file a claim. We will see, but keep your fingers crossed.

Anyway, I went to pay Chuck when he left, and he wouldn't take a dime. I seriously almost cried....there are so many good people out there and I didn't have Erin make the recommendation to get anything for free, I just wanted someone I could trust, and I know a roofer B&L recommended would be one. So, thank you....to B&L, to Erin's Dad for giving me the missing shingles I needed, and to Besroi Roofing and all of your staff I spoke with this week for being so incredible. THANK YOU!!!

Life is good. :)

Oh...and I forgot to say, I started training on Saturday for my walk!! It is so exciting and I will keep you posted on my progress! :)

1 comment:

Steve Hersh said...

Um, I guess I should be honored you named your car after me, but cars are supposed to be named after women. Does that mean you think I am a woman? No offense to women of course...